We can’t get enough of your Pope pics!
Pope is looking for quality photos that highlight our equipment and how you utilize Pope in your lab. The photo contest prizes include: First place prize is a $500 Amazon gift card, 2nd place prize is a $200 Amazon gift card, and the runner-up prizes (3 total) include a Pope shirt, coaster set, hat, and flashlight!
How to Play:
- Post an original photo on Instagram with Pope equipment in your lab or being used by you. Photos may be Pope distillate flasks, wiped-film stills, glassware, lab setups, vessels, reactors, etc. (You can also submit by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Tag #purewithpope and @popescienticinc on Instagram. Be sure you are following us!
- Submit your photo by August 31st!
- Winners will be announced after Labor Day!
Images with the Pope logo visible are encouraged.
*By participating in the contest, you agree to the terms and conditions below.
Please read these rules (the Rules) before submitting your photo(s) to Pope’s photo contest. These are General Rules governing all contests hosted by Pope Scientific, unless so specified in the Specific Rules that may be applicable to individual contests. By participating in the contests, you understand, acknowledge, and unconditionally agree to abide by the following rules:
BASIC SUBMISSION GUIDELINES FOR PHOTOS:
- Submissions will not be accepted once the deadline lapses.
- You can submit photos via Instagram by following the “how to play” instructions above, or by sending your high-resolution image to email@example.com with the subject “Pope photo contest.”
- We may request high-resolution photos outside of Instagram.
- You may submit as many entries as you wish.
- All photos must be original to you or your company.
- Basic editing of the photo is allowed.
- Pope reserves the right to assess and disregard any submitted photo at our discretion.
- The team at Pope Scientific will be judging the photos. We may open the contest up to the finalists to our social media base for further judging of the finalists.
- The judging panel shall assess and determine the winning photos. The results and the winners will be announced on our website + social media.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- Submitted photos must be original, created and/or taken by the contestant. It must not contain any materials owned or controlled by a third party for which you have not obtained a license, must not infringe the copyright, trademark, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity, or intellectual property rights of any person or entity.
- Pope Scientific respects photographers’ copyrights and copyrights shall remain vested with the creator of the image. Upon making the submission, you grant Pope Scientific Inc, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable right and license to use, publish, reproduce, display, perform, adapt, create derivative works, distribute, have distributed, print, in whole or in part, in any form, in all media forms now or hereafter known, to promote the contest, promote Pope products and company, be used in marketing materials, and promote the photographer or for editorial or educational use.
- The Photographer will be credited in social media and Pope blog posts when used.
- You hereby hold harmless, release, indemnify and discharge Pope and its partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, agents and their employees, officers and representatives from all liability, claims, judgments, demands, controversies, agreements, damages, actions, and causes of action whatsoever, arising out of or related in any way to the contest or the conduct of the contest and the acceptance and use, misuse, or possession of any prize awarded, whether in law or in equity, no matter what the cause or nature, and You further waive any claims that You may state or assert against Pope Scientific in association with the contest or any of its associated activities, or in any way related to or resulting from the contest even if such injury or claims results from or is caused by the negligence or gross negligence of Pope Scientific, in whole or in part, due to human error or otherwise. You further agree to indemnify and hold harmless Pope Scientific from any claim arising out of your participation in the contest including, without limitation, all claims brought or asserted by any third party as a result of any injury or loss that You or they may sustain in any way associated with your participation in the contest.
- Under no circumstance will Pope Scientific be liable for any:
- lost, late, misdirected, stolen, illegible or incomplete Submissions
- error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, submitted Photo(s);
- problems, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, email, players or browsers, on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing;
- incorrect or inaccurate information, caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of the Photos and/or the Submissions; and/or
- injury or damage to any Participant or to any computer related to, resulting from, or in connection with the Contest.
- Pope Scientific Inc. reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest as deemed appropriate, disqualify any Participant, and/or select winners from all eligible Photos submitted prior to the termination, cancellation, modification, or suspension. Pope reserves the right to correct any typographical, printing, computer programming, or operating errors at any time.