Cannabis Molecular Distillation Packages
Packages and Systems for Wiped-Film Molecular Distillation of Cannabinoid Extracts.
Extremely effective and efficient for cannabis distillation, the Pope 2″ glass Canna Still system is today’s most popular starting point for producers of high-grade THC and CBD concentrates for dab, shatter, vape pens, tinctures, hash oil, edibles, and other forms. It is based on proven fundamental designs going back to 1950 and offered by Pope since 1976, with many improvements incorporated over the years. This molecular short path distillation system is comprised of components carefully selected to provide the concentrate manufacturer with a complete turnkey package optimized for cannabinoid work.
Wiped-Film Molecular Distillation Package includes:
- The required heating items for evaporation, elevated temperature condensing, and keeping the viscous material flowing.
- The chilling units for the external condenser and cold trap.
- Vacuum pump system with gauge, wiper drive speed controller.
- An assortment of spare receivers for product collection and sampling.
- Spare parts are also part of the package.
- You can be up and running, making high-purity high-value product, with this THC and CBD distillation equipment the same day it is received! Proudly made in the USA, parts and accessories can usually be delivered overnight to domestic locations and within 2-3 days to most other countries.
Versatility is also part of the package. In addition to the internal short path condenser for cannabinoid collection, an external condenser is included for terpenes collection – a unique Pope advantage! A cold trap is also included to protect the vacuum pump. The body and internal condenser come apart for easier cleaning. The external condenser can also be utilized to provide the user with a continuous solvent evaporation system, substituting for a rotary evaporator. Stainless steel conversion kits, feed pumps and other items are also offered.
Depending on several factors including initial plant quality, harvesting, extraction and other processing operations and techniques, plus product goals, distillation rates, yield and purity can vary. It is typical to make 2 passes through the system, the first for gas and volatiles removal, the second for cannabinoid distillation. However, some users perform a single pass and others may make 3 or more passes, depending on material and goals, (for example collecting various terpenes fractions). Feed rates with the 2″ Pope still normally range from 250 to 500 ml/hr or more and overall throughput from 0.6 to 1.5 liters or more per an 8-10 hour day of feed material. Final cannabinoid purity often ranges from 85 – 95%, with some reporting more than 96%.
Other sizes in the glass Pope Cannastill line include the 4″ and 6″ diameter systems, each similarly equipped, but with larger components and greater power and throughput. The 4″ still typically runs at 0.8 to 1.8 liters/hr and from 2 to 5 liters/day, the 6″ still at 1.6 to 3.6 liters/hr and 5 to 10 liters/day.